Tuesday, November 8, 2011

success!

so, it did snow.  and snow and snow.  however, at the same time the wind would blow and blow and blow.  it didn't add up to much, but all the road signs were unreadable thanks to horizontal snow.  they say we're in for it this weekend, though, so we'll see how it goes.  it is COLD anyway, but somehow that doesn't seem so bad when it's actually supposed to be cold.  30 in Charleston was plain misery, but here it's just cold.  it's not so terrible when it makes sense...  i think i'm saying things out loud that i will wish i hadn't in about a month or two.  woops!


the cold has persuaded me to get down to business and utilize my new sewing machine.  my sweet husband got me one for my birthday!  i've sewed two pillows, but the one i did this afternoon has a pattern and turned out well (if i may say so).  when i'm completely done with the first--it needs a particular embellishment that i'm pretty excited about--i'll share that as well.  it occurred to me once i was done that i should've been scared of a pattern; it's good that i wasn't.  i'm famous for not doing things because i'm too afraid to start them.  i've finally realized started to believe that the worst thing that could happen is i start over or redo it.  the best that could happen is that it's a success.  there's no in between, so i need to DO more often.  someone remind me of that every so often, please?  thanks.  it even has a zipper--woot!


the front--it reminds me of my favorite zinnias

the back


i found this fabric at wal*mart, of all places.  nothing there has ever really caught my eye and made me so happy, so i was pretty stoked when i saw it.  i've been looking for a particular color scheme, but no specific pattern that i could put my finger on, so when i saw it as i was walking by and got that "oooooooh--look!" feeling, i knew i had to go for it.  it will be fabulous in our den, with its pattern that matches just enough.  i'm pretty pleased with it.  on to more!  

1 comment:

  1. I love how this pillow turned out! Love the fabric too. Isn't it fun when you walk by something like that and it just jumps out at you screaming, "buy me, buy me?"

    Keep those projects coming. Great job!

    It was so good to see you for Christmas. Take care!

    xo

    ReplyDelete